Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
- 12/14 -- Citizenship Ceremony at Community Concourse with voter registration in booths in public area of Civic Center Plaza
- Both Democratic and Republican parties had two tables each and canopies. I set up a table next to theirs with no problem or hassling by the police.
- Recent history of voter registration at the naturalization ceremonies is interesting because until recently, only the Republicans had a booth. A few years ago, the Democratic party got serious and also set one up. Neither one has any sort of permits for their booths, and they are set in the public area.
- I asked the police officers on site if they were planning on arresting the people for setting up a booth with tables and they said that Sargent Tony Lessa said not to enforce 54.0110.
- I think we should set up an Occupy Voter Registration booth exactly where the Republicans set theirs up to see what will happen.
- Occupier John Kenney terminates his Hunger Strike.
- A press conference was held at the Civic Center Plaza Dec. 14 at 5pm.
- John Kenney, after 36 days of hunger strike, has decided to begin eating again
- Successful port action coupled with turning in a new direction, plus the realization that the San Diego City Council was on holiday schedule and would not meet again until Jan 6th.
- John deserves a ton of respect and admiration for the personal sacrifice in this hunger strike and his recent arrest.
- New direction is Occupy Homes -- to fight foreclosure taking of homes -- and legal actions.
- Occupy SD benefit concert at The Ruby Room
- Fantastic! This was very well attended, and I thought the speeches were pretty good. I enjoyed seeing everyone in a social setting since we have bonded so much after working so hard on OSD.
- It's funny that I used to shoot pool at this bar when I was in college (30 years ago, OMG) and it was called the Backstretch then.
- Great success which must be repeated in the future.
- Press conference being planned for Friday, 12/16 regarding lawsuit for Ray Lutz arrest.
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec15 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- Temporary Restraining Order
- Read all details here: Background, Court Documents and Ruling
- Decision was reached on Dec 1. Judge DENIED TRO
- Judge said the law was "narrowly drawn" which is nothing but unbelievable.
- We STILL need video documentation of police hassling people about setting stuff down. If you have such a video, please contact us at email@example.com so I can get it to the right people.
This topic has been moved to the "Common" web with other similar projects.
Click here: Common.Voter Registration Arrest Of Ray Lutz
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the CivicCenterPlaza office building.
Things YOU can do right now to help.
Have you submitted a letter to the UT or another publication? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll publish it here! They may not print it, but we will.
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec15 in topic Occupy.AllOccupySanDiegoMedia
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested (619) 417-4813 email@example.com
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. *What you say and do can hurt you in court This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer:
"Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego CivicCenterPlaza
, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- * From December 17, Saturday GA will be at 2pm.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec15 in topic Occupy.OccupySanDiegoEvents
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County (Visit each site and "Like" it)
- Occupy Encinitas
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Ray Lutz
- Josephine P.
- Jason Packman
- Jay Jayakumar
- Benjamin Knob (GA reports)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.