Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
Caption on photo on Dec 18 blast was incorrect
Person on mic is Ladule not Hex.
Dem Party HQ Occupation
Occupy San Diego started out in the morning at the Democratic Party HQ in San Diego. The office was closed for the protest. The group rallied outside their office for a while against the NDAA
OSD then took the protest to Congresswoman Susan Davis's office. The Congresswoman was in Washington D.C. She was contacted by her staff and issued an official statement from her office which was delivered to OSD by her San Diego Staffer Daniel.
- Video of Daniel reading the Congresswoman's statement.
- She says the bill does not apply to U.S. Citizens.
- Unfortunately, this bill probably should not have been approved anyway, as it represents corporate welfare that largely only benefits the top 0.1% who run military-industrial complex corporations and is riddled with pork.
- See how Congress voted Here
- I wonder why Bob Filner did not vote.
- All but 6 Republicans voted for it. 90 Democrats voted against it, but most Democrats voted for it. This would have passed even if it was entirely in the hands of Democrats.
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec20 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
- 17 Jan 2012 - Million tent protest in Washington D.C. -- OSD to travel to OD.C. to be part of the 1 million tent protest. Group to Greyhound out, have great group discussions, enjoy the fun, bring a tent, a smile and warm stuff. Time to show the Government that we are not the enemy, the N.D.A.A. bill is unconstitutional and the people demand the change we need to improve all of society, not just the top 1%. The 99% are coming to D.C. and you can too. Facebook Event
- DONATE To help people travel from Occupy San Diego to Occupy D.C. -- Click Here
This money will be used to help people that could not really afford to do this but have gone above and beyond normal participation. There are many 24/7 occupiers that really want to go but can not come up with funds for this, at least until the 1st of the year which will be to late.
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- Temporary Restraining Order
- Read all details here: Background, Court Documents and Ruling
- Decision was reached on Dec 1. Judge DENIED TRO
- Judge said the law was "narrowly drawn" which is nothing but unbelievable.
- We STILL need video documentation of police hassling people about setting stuff down. If you have such a video, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get it to the right people.
This topic has been moved to the "Common" web with other similar projects.
Click here: Common.Voter Registration Arrest Of Ray Lutz
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the CivicCenterPlaza office building.
Things YOU can do right now to help.
Have you submitted a letter to the UT or another publication? Send it to email@example.com
and we'll publish it here! They may not print it, but we will.
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec20 in topic Occupy.AllOccupySanDiegoMedia
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested (619) 417-4813 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. *What you say and do can hurt you in court This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer:
"Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego CivicCenterPlaza
, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- * From December 17, Saturday GA will be at 2pm.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec20 in topic Occupy.OccupySanDiegoEvents
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County (Visit each site and "Like" it)
- Occupy Encinitas
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Ray Lutz
- Josephine P.
- Jason Packman
- Jay Jayakumar
- Benjamin Knob (GA reports)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.