Saturday, April 29th, 2006, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. at 8833 Hunter Pass, Alpine, CA
You are cordially invited to a BBQ in the Garden at the home of Judge Charles Ervin
Graciously hosted by:
Judge Charles Ervin
Judge Richard Whitney
Please RSVP only if coming (619) 504-5211
$75 suggested donation
Deputy District Attorney Rod Shelton is running for Superior Court Judge. The Honorable Joe Littlejohn has decided to retire and Rod is seeking his seat (Judicial Seat #36). Judge Littlejohn and a host of Judges of San Diego County are whole heartily endorsing his candidacy.
Among Rod’s endorsements are District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis, San Diego Sheriff William Kolender, National City Police Chief Adolfo Gonzales, Public Defender Steven Carroll, Alternate Public Defender Timothy Chandler, law enforcement associations, bar associations, and local attorneys.
Rod Shelton is a 1995 graduate of UCLA School of Law. He began his legal career in San Diego working as a Deputy Public Defender. As a Deputy Public Defender he tried misdemeanor cases, argued legal motions, and assisted attorneys on felony cases.
In 1999, he accepted an offer to become a Deputy District Attorney, where he prosecuted serious felony trials including, murder, rape, and three strike cases. An experienced prosecutor, Rod is currently in the Gang Prosecution Unit.
Rod is dedicated to the San Diego community. He is a past president of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association as well as a past vice president of the San Diego graduate chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. Also, he is a member of Bethel Memorial African Methodist Episcopal Church. He is married and has three children.
Rod will be an excellent judge because he has practiced on both sides of criminal law and has shown great integrity. Rod is a person who promises to be fair, thoughtful, and respectful to all parties that enter his court.
- District Attorney Bonnie M Dumanis
- Sheriff William Kolender
- National City Police Chief Adolfo Gonzales
- San Diego Police Chief David Bejarano (Retired)
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- Deputy Sheriffs Association
- San Diego Police Officers Association
- Deputy District Attorneys Association
- District Attorney Investigators Association
- National City Police Officers Association
- Chula Vista Police Officers Association
- Coronado Police Officers Association
- La Mesa Police Officers Association
- El Cajon Police Officers Association
- Escondido Police Officers Association
- Carlsbad Police Officers Association
- Oceanside Police Officers Association
- San Diego Harbor Police Officers Association
- San Diego City Schools Police Officers Association
- San Diego Community College Police Officer Association
- Black Peace Officers Association
- National Latino Peace Officer Association
- Fraternal Order of Police – San Diego, Lodge 10
- San Diegans Against Crime
- Women Prosecutors of California
- Crime Victims United of California
- Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- La Raza Lawyers Association of San Diego
- Tom Homann Law Association
- Mexican American Political Association
- San Diego County Democratic Party
- San Diego Democratic Women’s Club
- Congressman Bob Filner
- Public Defender Steven J. Carroll
- Alternate Public Defender Timothy A. Chandler
- County Supervisor Ron Roberts
- City Attorney Mike Aguirre
- City Councilmember Anthony Young
- City Councilmember Toni Atkins
- William Jones (Former City Council member)
- Martin Bloxham
- Edward J. Peckham, Esq.
- Rev. C. Dennis Williams
- Mark X. Carlos, Esq.
- Francis J. Bardsley, Esq.
- Roland J. Haddad, Esq.
- Jan E. Ronis, Esq.
- Gretchen C. Von Helms, Esq.
- Thomas J. Warwick Jr., Esq. (Past County Bar President)
- Robert L. Grimes, Esq.
- Leslie E. Devaney, Esq.
- James M.V. Fitzpatrick, Esq.
- Peter M. Liss, Esq.
- Henry Coker, Esq.
- Linda R. Navarro, Esq.
- Rosaline D. Feral, Esq.
- Douglas A. Oden, Esq.
- Edward D. Chapin, Esq
- Vickie E. Turner, Esq.
- Kerry L. Steigerwalt, Esq.
- Paul Cooper, Esq. – Assistant to Police Chief William Landsdowne
San Diego Superior Court – Central Division
- Hon. Albert T. Hartunian III
- Hon. Richard S. Whitney
- Hon. Frank A. Brown
- Hon. Frederic L. Link
- Hon. Timothy R. Walsh
- Hon. David J. Danielsen
- Hon. Melinda J. Lasater
- Hon. John L. Davidson
- Hon. Larrie R. Brainard
- Hon. Browder A. Willis, III.
- Hon. Peter C. Deddeh
- Hon. Gale E. Kaneshiro
- Hon. Robert C. Coates
- Hon. Leo Valentine Jr.
- Hon. Lillian Y. Lim
- Hon. Jeffrey F. Fraser
- Hon. George W. Clarke
- Hon. Steven R. Denton
- Hon. Peter L. Gallagher
- Hon. Luis R. Vargas
- Hon. Michael T. Smyth
- Hon. Randa Trapp (Family)
- Hon. Elizabeth Riggs (Ret.)
- Hon Susan Finlay (Ret.)
South County Branch
- Hon. Rafael A. Arreola
- Hon. William S. Cannon
- Hon. Margie G. Woods
- Hon. Terry J. Scott
- Hon. Yvonne Esperanza Campos
- Hon. H. Ronald Domnitz
- Hon. Esteban Hernandez
- Hon. Raymond Edwards, Jr.
- Hon. Wesley R. Mason
North County Branch
- Hon. Joe O. Littlejohn
- Hon. Daniel B. Goldstein
- Hon. Aaron H. Katz
- Hon. Adrienne A. Orfield
- Hon. Joel M. Pressman
- Hon. Harry M. Elias
- Hon. Michael B. Orfield
- Hon. Richard E. Mills
East County Branch
- Hon. Herbert J. Exarhos
- Hon. Deann M. Salcido
- Hon. Patricia Garcia
- Hon. Lantz Lewis
- Hon. William J. Mc Grath
- Hon. Charles W. Ervin
- Hon. Eddie C. Sturgeon
- Hon. Jan I. Goldsmith
- Hon. Louis R. Hanoian
- Hon. Patricia K. Cookson
- Hon. Michael Harris (Ret.)
- Hon. Francis M. Devaney
- Hon. Theodore M. Weathers
- Hon. Desiree Bruce-Lyle
- Hon. Sandra L. Berry
- Hon. Gary S. Bloch
- Hon. Pennie M. Carlos
-- Raymond Lutz
- 25 Apr 2006