We are a 501c3, tax exempt organization. You can deduct any contributions you make from your taxable income. There is no upper limit!
SPECIAL PROJECT FUNDING REQUESTS
Citizens Oversight is fully engaged with the following current projects that can benefit from your monetary support:
- Audit Engine Tabulation Audits -- We realized in 2019 that we needed a way to audit elections by a third party using the ballot images and cast vote records, so that the results were not dependent on the whim of election officials and election staff that may want to seek a clean audit. Since then, we have developed Audit Engine, a ballot image auditing platform. We do our work for the public, but we do have hard costs that must be covered for any specific audit. Please contact us if you can acquire ballot images and cast-vote records (CVRs) for any election and we will let you know what our fundraising goals must be to complete that job. Also, please donate so we can do more audits!
- General Election Integrity -- We received a JUDGMENT IN OUR FAVOR in our Lawsuit in San Diego. Unfortunately, during the time for appeal, the election officials in California modified a innocuous bill to include provisions that now allow them to NOT AUDIT any 'later received' (but still received in a timely manner) ballots. In 2016, there were 285,000 ballots in this category, and it is growing. So then, the appellate court ruled that with that law changed, that made the ruling moot. Sure, but they ruled also that it was effective true before they passed this law. The county came after their fees and the court ruled that we had to also pay their fees. Isn't it great to win a case for the public. We need $10K to cover their fees, as we were forced to pay them when we sold a real estate property which had a lien on it. Grumble! Please help. Complaint for Declarative Relief -- Lutz vs. Vu
Recommended Support levels:
| Membership Level
| Basic Membership
| Donating Member
| Make it happen level
| Take no Prisoners
| Student/ Senior/ Fixed Income
|| up to you!
Use Pay Pal to support us
- Please checkmark "recurring donation" after you get to Pay Pal if you want to repeat your donation every month. THIS REALLY HELPS!
- Please note: Pay Pal charges a higher percentage for donations of only $5, so if you are planning to donate at the $5/Month rate, it is better if you send us a LUMP SUM rather than monthly payments. THANKS!
- Because projects and expenses changes rapidly, we reserve the right to reapply your donation where it can be best used, but we will try to respect any earmarking you do specify.
| Donate To
|| Click here
| Citizens' Oversight
|| General Fund
supports all projects, or you can earmark.
You can specify any earmarking once you get to Pay Pal.
| General Fund (recurring)
| Election Integrity -- Lawsuits and Snapshot Protocol -- Your donation is doubled by anonymous donor! (Facebook donation page: https://www.facebook.com/donate/10210108938627436/ )
| Election Integrity -- Lawsuits and Snapshot Protocol -- recurring
Matching pledge will be available for the annual amount if you sign up for recurring donations!
Other ways to help support us
| By Check
|| To Donate by Check, please make checks payable to Citizens Oversight, and note if you want the money earmarked for any particular purpose.
Please mail to:
Citizens Oversight Please note: we appreciate getting your donation in check form to avoid pay credit card processing fees!
771 Jamacha Rd. #148
El Cajon, CA 92019
| ACH Transfer
|| You can use ACH transfer if you have that service available:
Routing: (please Contact Us) Account Number: (please Contact Us)
| By Tuning in (FREE)
|| Listen to our streaming radio station. Unlike regular radio, we know how many people are listening at any time, and if you tune in, then we move up in dynamic directories on the Internet.
|| Click here: https://AirProgressive.org to listen on your computer or smart phone.
Affiliate your club or organization, or just endorse Citizens Oversight
We encourage organizations such as clubs, associations and nonprofits, to endorse us and promote that their members join Citizens Oversight.
- Nonpartisan clubs, associations, and nonprofits - Your group as a whole can become an affiliate of Citizens Oversight and directly engage to address local issues. Your members can directly become members of COPS or remain as members of your organization which then can operate as a COPS affiliate. We recommend that your group contribute as a whole at least at the "Underwriter" level, but we will accept you even if you cannot afford any direct contribution. If you do not have a 501(c)3 status, we can extend that to your group if you become an official affiliate. This is very useful to get the best rates on meeting rooms, postage, and other expenses. To become an affiliate, you will either provide your membership list to us or allow us to promote COPS membership to your membership through your staff.
Thanks for your support! (Return to main page)
- Partisan clubs, political committees, etc. -- Your group can endorse Citizens Oversight and make contributions as a unit, but a partisan group cannot become an affiliate. Although we can accept endorsement and contributions from partisan clubs and political committees, we cannot make you an official "affiliate" since we are organized as a 501(c)3 nonprofit. This makes donations to our organization tax deductible, but we cannot engage in any partisan activities. If your organization is explicitly partisan, you will need to establish a separate nonpartisan association that can run in parallel with your main group if you want to establish an affiliate chapter.