is a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) program that began in the Cleveland Field Office in 1996. It was a local effort to gain support from the information technology industry and academia for the FBI’s investigative efforts in the cyber arena. The program expanded to other FBI Field Offices, and in 1998 the FBI assigned national program responsibility for Infra Gard
to the former National Infrastructure Protection Center (NIPC) and to the Cyber Division in 2003. Infra Gard
and the FBI have developed a relationship of trust and credibility in the exchange of information concerning various terrorism, intelligence, criminal, and security matters.
-- Raymond Lutz
- 03 May 2008
There is a San Diego Page for Infra Gard
- a subpage of the main site.
It apparently hasn't been updated in several years.
Probably most have seen this link, but to refresh everyone's memory, here is the article that raised at least my awareness about Infra Gard
This mentions the rumors, and reading carefully, there is specific mention of the authorization to use deadly force by a 'business owner' that attended an Infra Gard
meeting. Problem is - it's an unnamed source, and another attendee refused to confirm it.
We should consider this a rumor until confirmed from another reliable source, but treat it as a serious possibility.
This is a link on a related website that mentions Infra Gard
From what I can tell, unless there have been recent changes, the current San Diego chapter president is a man named Bruce Churchill, who works as a project manager for National Engineering Technology Corporation.
The local FBI liason to Infra Gard
, again unless there have been recent changes, is Special Agent Lori Jensen, who works out of the FBI offices on Aero Drive.
Details concerning some of Bush's Signing Statements and Executive Orders, which have become the context in which Infragard, et al operate.
Once Bush declares "a state of emergency" the following Executive Orders allow the government to:
- 10995 take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports
- 10997 take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals
- 10998 seize all means of transportaion including personal cars, trucks and vehicles of any kind
- 10999 take over all resources and farms
- 11000 mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision
- 11001 take over all health, education and welfare functions
- 11002 designate the Post Master General to operate a National Registration of all persons
- 11003 take over all airports and aircraft including commercial aircraft
- 11004 empower the Housing Authority to relocate communities and designate areas to be abandoned
- 11005 take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities
- 11921 empower te Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to take control of all financial institutions in the United States
The Posse Comitatus Act of June 16, 1878 says there shall be no use of military force within the United States borders. It prevents the president from seizing military control of the U.S
However, John Warner's "National Defense Authorization Act" of October 17, 2006 killed Posse Comitatus for the year 2007 and authorized militarized round-ups and detention of:
- potential terrorists
into facilities already under construction by Haliburtion (and some are managed by KBR under private contract).
And more, but that's all for now. Thanks everyone for whatever input you may have on any of this.
-- Fran Materra
- 05 May 2008