Ray Lutz, Miriam Raftery, Ivars Bezdechi/Paul Kruze, Bonnie Price, Duane Swainston, Wanda Elmore, Gene Elmore, Shirley Stowers.
Paul Kruz / Ivars:
- Talked with Rob Appel, a major theater operator with a large list, they will help us out.
- Met with the Mayor for 1.5 hours. Somewhat concerned bc start of the meeting did not match the end of the meeting.
- Met with Gary Kendrick as well.
Gala Kickoff Event
- who should come
- Founding Sponsors
- Cluster traded companies -- Taylor Guitar, Deering Banjo
- Users / Renters of the theater: GCCA, Grossmont Symphony Orchestra, CCT, etc.
- Prior major contributors.
- Tom Hawk, son of Virgina Fletcher Hawk
- AAUW, other groups
- Younger Yuppie crowd, can we attract them?
- East County Magazine donates $1000 of free ads
- Winery will likely donate wine
- Local businesses
- East County Youth Symphony
- Scholarship winners
- Invite Public officials
- CCT Performers roaming around
- sam the pirate
- Al the accordian player
- Mariachi groups
- Beauty Contest participants ?
- Local restaurants with samples
- Silent Auction or Non silent auction, maybe of artwork
- Artwork displayed
- VIP Event
- tour the theater
- Meet officials?
- Stars --
- Anyone who once performed at the theater and wants to see it return
- Melinda Gibb -- At Granite Hills High School, "inquiring minds want to know"
- Courtyard + Foyer of the theater. It must be in/at the theater.
- Theater open house
- Would need some way to keep people in or out, namebadge wristband, etc.
- Shirley Stowers with get this rolling
- will ask Pat Parlin and Bobbie Slater, hopefully. Also Mary Wells, hopefully.
- will ask Margie Howard-Hartman
Business Plan -- ECPAC Foundation
- City asked us to present a plan to them
- Need Small Working Group
- at least Ray, Duane, Ivars, Dave, maybe Ben
- Shirley Stowers (after the 9th)
- First step is to circulate other similar documents we can work from
- On fact the city says we can go ahead to generate a business plan
- Miriam will create one.
FYI: (June 9th -- Installation of Shirley Stowers as President of AAUW)