MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
Web Version of this email: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov03
Archive of all past and planned Email Blasts: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlasts
I have received many thank yous for this daily email blast, I hope you agree it is a step forward in our communication infrastructure.
Please help me get the information for each daily email:
- Committees should let me know where and when they meet and if they have any information to publish
- The Moderator or GA note taker should forward notes and decisions to me, asap after the meeting. I may be able to get them in that day's blast.
- If you have media, like videos or photos or even a written account, please email it to me as quickly as you can.
- Please schedule any new meetings (like at the GA) at least two days ahead so it can appear in this email blast. In other words, don't schedule for the very next day because it won't get into the email blast and then not everyone will know about it.
- I would like someone who is a Facebook regular to send me some links of interesting and relevant articles that are posted there. Contact me if you can do that.
- I need at least one or two other people who can help publish the blast. contact me if you are interested: email@example.com
- General Notes:
- DONATION LINK: https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=1005034
- This is the only official way to donate to Occupy San Diego. Do not donate to other scammer sites.
- Activist San Diego, a local nonprofit with an 11 year history of activism in San Diego is hosting our fundraising.
- All donations are tax deductible
- New CELLY text blaster now available, see in LINKS section below. Send one text and everyone on the list gets it. Similar to Twitter but more like a listserv.
- Interesting articles, etc. (from Facebook Discussions or other sources)
- Nov 1/2 General Assembly
- No info from GA for Nov 1 or 2. Please, each GA must send me a report so I can include it here!
- BANK TRANSFER MARCH -- I was able to attend this and it was great.
- Some video of the rally to give you a sense... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCHvm_CB4fQ
- March shut down the street in front of Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
- People were let into the banks one at a time, and they then came out with a check, so they could move their account to a credit union.
- Many people cut up their bank cards in a lively celebration. About 200 people on the street.
- If you close your account, make sure your checks are already cleared.
- City Council Resolution, etc.
- Video of San Diego City Council meeting of Nov 1 -- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/M1190
- I understand at the Nov 1 GA meeting, a group was scheduled to meet on Wed. Nov 02 to brainstorm about talking with Mayor Jerry Sanders. That did not get into the email blast because I got the information too late.
- SIGN PETITION TO CITY COUNCIL HERE: http://www.copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiego -- We should continue to gather signatures on this petition until they agree!
- CALL AND EMAIL CITY COUNCIL, Urge them to adopt the resolution to support Occupy San Diego!
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
Personal Items Seized by Police at OSD
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- 6 pm -- Committee Meetings (Various Locations -- please tell me where you meet, times, etc. and recent reports)
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
Anyone who lost property should go immediately to SDPD HQ at 14th and Broadway. At the front entrance, turn right, go down the steps and follow the blue diamonds to the back door at the property room. Check in with the woman at the counter. There are still many personal belongings there, and you are allowed to look through it to see what is yours.
They said all the stuff at the Civic Center was trashed. Only stuff from Children's Park was kept.
Some of the stuff that I saw:
- About 10 different tables of various sizes. One really long plastic banquet table. One regular brown banquet table. One 4 ft mini plastic table. Other weird tables.
- A bunch of folding chairs, some metal ones, some aluminum patio chairs, etc.
- A whole bunch of backpacks, duffel bags, etc. with personal belongings inside.
- A number of tents, canopies, etc. that were confiscated in the initial clearing of the Civic Center Plaza (11-14) or were taken from Children's Park last Thursday. Many of these are broken or in random containers, so I'm not sure how productive any recovery attempt will be.
- Boxes of books and DVDs from the education area.
- Games and Art Supplies from Children's Park.
- I picked up a power supply with a green pack attached. It is one like the media committee was using, so let me know if it is yours. I also recovered three tables I supplied and a box of stuff from media committee (power strips, etc.). I lost the large megaphone and two small megaphones, unless someone has those (all from Harbor Freight Tools).
- There was a mini-DV camera, somewhat larger form factor than the super modern ones.
- There were a number of sleeping bags, shoes and other personal stuff from Children's park.
- 3:00 PM: Teach-In by Mark E. Smith: "Electoral Systems: Voices and Votes" This presentation is okay to film.
- 5:30 pm: Media Committee meeting.
- 3:30 PM: Teach in by IBEW 569 ; "Connecting democracy at work and democracy in society" Food will be provided This teach-in is okay to record
- National "Bank Withdrawal Day" -- If you still have an account with any for-profit bank (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Union Bank, Chase Bank, etc.) withdraw all your funds and move them to a credit union.
- 10:30 rally, march at 11 am -- March to Bank of America -- Memorial / Protest for foreclosure
- 11 am -- Occupy Gardens Teach-In -- Suzie's Farm encourages all mobile gardeners to "March with their gardens" If you don't have a mobile garden they'll show how to build one at the Civic Center! Gardeners Unite! Visit Occupy SD Gardens at http://occupysdgardens.blogspot.com/ (I recommend that this be held after people return from the march!)
- 2 pm -- Legislative Committee Meeting -- Will read over proposed legislation for publicly financed elections. (This one is from memory, I need some better contact about this).
- 1 PM (changed from 11:00 AM) : Teach in by Eva David, "The FDA's role in brain damage, obesity, and pacification of the masses"
- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Teach in by James Bartoli: "Discussion about the OWS List of Grievances called 'Declaration of the Occupation of New York City'"
- 1:00 PM: Teach in entitled: "Government Documents Research: how you can find out exactly what 'the laws' are"
- A law librarian guides you through current available resources. Did you know that you have been able to comment on proposed regulations, online, for years? Did you know that you can directly petition the White House, and if your petitions gain enough votes, you will be guaranteed at least an official response from a WH staffer? Did you know that you can write emails and letters (and even submit reports) that can become part of the official legislative and regulatory history? Particular emphasis will be given to freely-accessible resources.
- Recording is okay.
- 12:00 Noon -- Reinvestment Task Force (Committee Room, 12th Floor, City Hall)
- Meeting called by City Council President Tony Young, will have all bankers that do business with the city sitting around the table, on their best behavior.
- We are invited to engage in this meeting. We are not constrained to public comment rules.
- Can we move millions in City money from wall-street bankers to local community banks?
LINKS AND REFERENCES
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Media Committee Member)
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
DISCLAIMER! Although we will do our best to make sure this list of events is accurate, changes may
occur frequently! Please check your email daily to make sure and also the various web sites.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.