Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
Web Version of this email: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov07
Archive of all past and planned Email Blasts: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlasts
Main project page on this wiki: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiego
Food Table Looks Pretty Sweet
- We are looking for video and or still pictures taken the night of the raid at Civic Center.
- Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your first name and last initial, and describe the vantage point where the video or picture was taken.
- We STILL URGENTLY need a storage location for supplies (about 100 sqft) that is out of the elements, as we are being evicted from our current location on Monday. Please contact Damian Tryon at 619-663-3020 if you have a solution.
- Occupiers need: shoes, socks, tarps, jackets, towels and anything warm. We need quarters to dry sleeping bags, socks, sandbags.
- Sanitation needs latex (or similar) gloves and large black trash bags.
- COLD WEATHER ALERT -- SPUDS FOR BUDS: LOVE APPEAL. If you are heading down to Occupy please fork 20 baking potatoes, wrap in foil and heat in oven at 450F for 45 minutes. Drop them off at the civic center plaza. THEY MAKE EXCELLENT HAND AND POCKET WARMERS as well as providing much needed nourishment - If you don't have time to cook them, drop them off raw. If you live locally please come pick up the raw ones and bake them for us! WE ARE FEEDING THE HOMELESS TOO!
- DAYTIME OCCUPIERS WANTED! -- Daytime occupiers are as important as the brave souls sleeping on the ground at Occupy San Diego. Come on down to the Civic Center for an hour or two as often as you can. You matter--you are needed. If you wish, grab a piece of cardboard (and magic marker) and speak with your heart on it.
- Media from recent events or Facebook wall:
- General Assembly
- Plan to get notes from the general assembly -- John Kenney will post his GA notes directly to the list serve as a separate email. He said he will be able to post one each night after the GA has completed.
Think Tank -- What do you think?
We need your participation in an effort to understand the general consensus of the group.
- At this point, this will be progressed by using a set of Facebook polls. Other technology may be used in the future, but this will do for now.
- Vote on one or more existing option or add one of your own. Also, remember to elaborate with your own personal comments. All out-of-the-box ideas are encouraged.
- https://www.facebook.com/OccupySD?sk=questions -- QUESTION #1 : "What does a renewed San Diego Occupation look like to you?"
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's an oldey timey map of san diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
are available at this site (Thank you to Julie A. Kramer)
Personal Items Seized by Police at OSD
Anyone who lost property should go immediately to SDPD HQ at 14th and Broadway.
Hours are 12:30 to 3pm. At the front entrance, turn right, go down the steps and follow the blue diamonds to the back door at the property room. Check in with the woman at the counter. There are still many personal belongings there, and you are allowed to look through it to see what is yours.
- 4:30 PM -- City Council Meeting Prep -- Martha Sullivan will be conducting a brainstorming session to help plan for our public comments at the City Council meeting on Tuesday.
- 6:00 PM -- Carl DeMaio fundraiser for “small businesses shut down by Occupy San Diego Protestors” at Downtown Johnny Brown’s. DeMaio picked that location and time for a reason: He and the media will be hoping and looking for a disturbance by any of the occupiers. We must not allow any such disturbance to occur. OSD is NOT hosting our own fundraiser for these businesses, because this only makes it seem that we've done something wrong, which we haven't. These businesses would be selling out of their products if they were open. Carl DeMaio is trying to leverage this situation for media exposure, and nothing more.
- 10AM - City Council Meeting -- ARRIVE EARLY TO GET A SEAT
- Video of San Diego City Council meeting of Nov 1 -- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/M1190
- Negotiating Committee formed to work with Mayor Jerry Sanders and other City officials.
- SIGN PETITION TO CITY COUNCIL HERE: http://www.copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiego -- We should continue to gather signatures on this petition until they agree!
- CALL AND EMAIL CITY COUNCIL, Urge them to adopt the resolution to support Occupy San Diego!
- 3:00 PM: Teach in by Dave Lagstein, Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment: "Making Wall Street Pay (local, state, and national)"
- 11:11 AM -- San Diego Veteran's Day Parade
- 12:00 Noon -- Reinvestment Task Force (Committee Room, 12th Floor, City Hall)
- Meeting called by City Council President Tony Young, will have all bankers that do business with the city sitting around the table, on their best behavior.
- We are invited to engage in this meeting. We are not constrained to public comment rules.
- Can we move millions in City money from wall-street bankers to local community banks?
LINKS AND REFERENCES
I have received many thank yous for this daily email blast, I hope you agree it is a step forward in our communication infrastructure.
Please help me get the information for each daily email:
- Committees should let me know where and when they meet and if they have any information to publish -- I need a contact for each committee
- If you have media, like videos or photos or even a written account, please email it to me as quickly as you can.
- I would like someone who is a Facebook regular to send me some links of interesting and relevant articles that are posted there. Contact me if you can do that.
- I need at least one or two other people who can help publish the blast. contact me if you are interested: email@example.com
GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY
To allow for a respectful and safe environment for our Occupy family, Occupy San Diego announces the following Good Neighbor Policy (similar to that adopted by Occupy Wall Street):
- Zero tolerance for drugs or alcohol anywhere in the occupied space in Civic Center Plaza;
- Zero tolerance for threats or acts of physical or sexual violence towards anyone;
- Zero tolerance for abuse of personal or public property.
- OSD will limit drumming on the site to between the hours of 11am and 5pm only.
- OSD encourages all participants to respect health and sanitary regulations, and will direct all participants to respectfully utilize appropriate off-site sanitary facilities.
- OSD will display signage and will try to have safety and/or community relations mediators in Civic Center, in order to ensure awareness of and respect for our guidelines and Good Neighbor Policy.
- OSD will at all times have a community relations mediator on-site (to be appointed each day), to monitor and respond to community concerns and complaints.
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Media Committee Member)
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
DISCLAIMER! Although we will do our best to make sure this list of events is accurate, changes may
occur frequently! Please check your email daily to make sure and also the various web sites.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Ray Lutz