Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
Cool logo of the new Occupy Imperial County
More and more citizens each day are attending Occupy cities and towns all across the US and the globe. We are coming together in ever increasing numbers to stand united for economic and social justice. The 99% need to stand up against the 1% so they can no longer victimize us.
People are suffering around the world, entire countries are faced with insolvency because of greedy, corrupt banks and investment firms and their fraudulent investment schemes. In order to prevent this imbalance of power and wealth from continuing we must unite and we must do it now! How many times must we be kicked in the face before we stand up for ourselves and more importantly, for one another.
Visit your nearest Occupy today and be heard!
Note: smaller format of the Email Blast, More off-loaded to web site, New Calendar, Event List, Archived Media, Announcement Archive, etc!
- If you have been arrested, please contact Rebecca or Hasmik (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) with the National Lawyers Guild for details about an upcoming Informational Meeting about the Post-Arrest Process this Monday, November 14th. Please note that this meeting is ONLY for those who have been arrested.
- General Assembly
- Plan to get notes from the general assembly -- John Kenney will post his GA notes directly to the list serve as a separate email. He said he will be able to post one each night after the GA has completed.
- THINK TANK
- http://www.facebook.com/questions/112221098891492/ -- "What do you think about just scheduling 'occupy high visibility areas' on a regular weekly basis ?" If there is genuine interest, I will work with outreach to see what can be done. please say yes, only if you are willing to participate. In the comment section, name your favorite location ( intersection ) in San Diego, and whether you favor a weekday after working hours or the weekend.
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
Call for Volunteers from Occupy Wall Street
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- As Occupy Wall Street continue to grow, working groups need volunteers to fill the position left open from turn over, as well as get more professional skills and continuity. Organization Working Group is taking on the task of piloting a recruitment process from the NYCGA site by inviting the members to
- The working groups needs all kinds of talents. Organization WG in this pilot process are focusing on the following areas of expertise: Project managers, Administrative assistants, Writers for proposals & social media, Data enterers, IT admin, web/software programmers, Strategic planners, Process trainers,
Facilitators, Fund raisers. Let us deepen and broaden the movement together!
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your availability, time commitment, and relevant skills.
- For those of you who can commit on average 10 hours and above as our Part Time volunteers, and those 20 hours and above as our Full Time volunteers for minimal 4 weeks, please raise your hand by emailing us and we will respond with welcome, orientation, and vetting packages.
- For those of you who can not make such kind of time commitment, we appreciate you getting back to us so we have a sense of what's available to guide us finding technology and recruitment process to leverage that.
- Help us to spread the words and get more people involved as volunteers
- Organization Working Group, NYC General Assembly, Occupy Wall Street (email@example.com)
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov14 in topic Occupy.OccupySanDiegoEvents
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County
- Occupy North County
- Regular Events: Saturdays, Highway 101 & Encinitas Blvd, starting at noon.
- 12:00 PM - Teach in, orientation and committee meetings
- 1:00 PM- RALLY
- 2:00 PM - General Assembly
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Meet and Greet Potluck - Nov 19 (11a-2p) Adams Park, El Centro
- Bring a blanket to sit on and a dish to share (if you are capable, no one turned away!)
- Family event, children activities will be provided.
- firstname.lastname@example.org / 760-540-5088
- Women Occupy San Diego
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
(Media Committee Member)
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
DISCLAIMER! Although we will do our best to make sure this list of events is accurate, changes may
occur frequently! Please check your email daily to make sure and also the various web sites.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Ray Lutz with help from Email Blast Team.