Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
Note: The format has changed... Links are not shown explicitly. Please use Web Version
for best viewing experience. Let me know if you have any trouble viewing this email!
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
From an email
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
Now police are trying to starve the Occupiers out of Civic Center. They actually stopped a lady and told her she couldn't bring 2 pizzas into Civic Center. She could only bring in what she could consume. A young lady mic checked (yelled/asked what was happening) real quick and the crowd ran up and got some pizza. The young lady then asked them/SDPD to stop making up laws that don't exist and the female cop threatened to arrest her for Public Intoxication.
I think it is a shame that the City Council and the Mayor are using the SDPD to harass and annoy these young people who are only trying to exercise their rights to peaceably protest, under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Their right to assembly and their right of free speech has been infringed upon by the SD City Government - all of it and you all should be ashamed of yourselves!
- GA notes -- will be sent as a separate email blast, when available.
- Hunger Strike -- John Kenney continues his hunger strike, now in day 12. He is requesting that the City come to the table and discuss the right of Occupy San Diego to conduct protests in the form of an encampment.
- The 99%’s Deficit Proposal: How to create jobs, reduce the wealth divide and control spending -- Prepared by Occupy Washington DC, Freedom Plaza, November 2011 -- No one can ever say the Occupy Movement does not create decent proposals. This one is detailed, extensive, and right on target, at least for the budget issues.
- Muse -- Uprising to Occupy Video -- Hot one! Match with popular culture will mean it will spread even more. (and much better than their original lame video.)
- NY Times: Occupy Wall Street has Plenty of Potential
- Carl DeMaio's Fundraiser Deemed "Disgusting" and "Publicity Stunt" by Occupy San Diego Spokesperson -- ha ha, almost missed this one.
- Occupy San Diego Responds to Raid, Inaugurates Occupy Mission Bay
- Raw Footage of Pepper Spraying Students at UC Davis
- News report of same -- "Was it appropriate?" -- Police Chief: "That was the decision that was made." Sounds like an inability to answer the question.
- Police Pepper-Spray Peaceful UC Davis Students: Ask Chancellor Katehi to Resign! -- Join University of California at Davis Assistant Professor Nathan Brown in calling for the resignation of UC Davis Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi for her failure to protect UC Davis student's First Amendment right to assemble, or even their physical safety.
- Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi walks to her car -- After the pepper spraying video, you have to watch this one. VERY POWERFUL. Massive crowds in complete silence as she walks to her car. "Do you still feel threatened by the students?" she is asked.
- Democrats are darlings of Wall St. -- But Republicans are even worse. So this is why the Occupy Movement is necessary. The two parties are largely both in bed with the banks, and they are split based on social issues, which are arguably just distractions.
- Lobbying Firm's Memo Spells Out Plan to Undermine #OWS: -- The actual document by the lobbying firm on behalf of the American Bankers Association. They propose to search out all the personal records of the OWS activists - ostensibly to use for attacks on credibility - for a fee of $850,000. they know the OWS is dangerous - especially if they converge with the Tea Party - bonus time is coming up for Wall St. soon.
- WHAT COMES NEXT? -- Jeoffry Gordon suggests Occupy evolve into a more conventional party structure.
- Rep. Deutch Introduces OCCUPIED Constitutional Amendment To Ban Corporate Money In Politics -- In one of the greatest signs yet that the 99 Percenters are having an impact, Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL), a member of the House Judiciary Committee, today introduced an amendment that would ban corporate money in politics and end corporate personhood once and for all.
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego CivicCenterPlaza
, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov20 in topic Occupy.OccupySanDiegoEvents
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County (Visit each site and "Like" it)
- Occupy North County
- Regular Events: Saturdays, Highway 101 & Encinitas Blvd, starting at noon.
- 12:00 PM - Teach in, orientation and committee meetings
- 1:00 PM- RALLY
- 2:00 PM - General Assembly
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Meet and Greet Potluck - Nov 19 (11a-2p) Adams Park, El Centro
- Bring a blanket to sit on and a dish to share (if you are capable, no one turned away!)
- Family event, children activities will be provided.
- firstname.lastname@example.org / 760-540-5088
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
(Media Committee Member)
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
DISCLAIMER! Although we will do our best to make sure this list of events is accurate, changes may
occur frequently! Please check your email daily to make sure and also the various web sites.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Ray Lutz with help from Email Blast Team.