Get this update in your email box on a weekly basis. Subscribe below: |
%--'VARCACHE:save:This page was newly rebuilt at 29 Nov 2023 - 11:46 GMT. Rebuild the page anyway.
Click through to open the complete web-version of the report.: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2012Jul12
But mark your calendars now for these!
NEXT SEVERAL DAYS
* (This list is automatically generated from the topic Occupy.Occupy San Diego Events
). Look at the Calendar
for more events, not within the next 16 days.
Check back at the Stop TPP website: http://stoptpp.org/
and the Calendar
here for TPP, as some plans are still in flux.
12 Jul 2012 - Thu
13 Jul 2012 - Fri
14 Jul 2012 - Sat
15 Jul 2012 - Sun
16 Jul 2012 - Mon
17 Jul 2012 - Tue
18 Jul 2012 - Wed
- (6p) Imperial Beach City Council to Vote on the Safe Access (Medical Marijuana) Ordinance. At IB Civic Center - FB Event
- (7p) "Occupy the Candidates" project will be discussed at the OSD GA at Childrens Park (1st St at Island) [Please note that there is no GA this weekend due to Pride Activities] See http://www.copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupyTheCandidates for details.
- (7p) GA at Childrens Park
- (4p) OB Farmers Market on Newport Avenue in Ocean Beach.
19 Jul 2012 - Thu
- (6p) Free Class Resource Based Yoga at the Activist Center by People for Social Sustainability
- (7p) People for Social Sustainability will have a free Spanish class near Grant Hill Park, at 335 27th St. - FB Event
- (7p) Bonfire for Justice: San Diego - WE ARE SARA KRUZAN Candlelight Vigil at Crown Point Shores - Join with Sara's aunts Anne and Cecilia in a Candlelight Vigil. Sara was forced into prostitution; finally after years of abuse she killed her pimp and tormenter. She's facing a life sentence for her actions. More info at http://www.freesarakruzan.org/. - FB Event
- (12p) San Diego Reinvestment Task Force at 202 C Street, 12th Floor Hearing Room, San Diego, CA 92101
20 Jul 2012 - Fri
- (8a-9:30a) "A Better San Diego" Breakfast Forum - LGBT Equality - Lessons in Community Organizing - Speakers include State Senator Christine Kehoe, The LGBT Center and CFAC. Breakfast is provided for a suggested donation of $5. Please RSVP to email@example.com. At UFCW Local 135 - Details
- (6p-7p) Official Hillcrest Pride Flag Raising and Spirit of Stonewall Rally at the corner of Harvey Milk and Normal Streets in Hillcrest. Featured speaker will be Dr. Clarence B. Jones who served as personal legal counsel to Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and helped draft the acclaimed “I Have A Dream” speech. FB Event.
- (6p-10p) - Si Se Puede! Visions & Images Exhibit and film at Centro Cultural De La Raza, highlighting the movement by Cesar Chavez and the UFW. Details. Suggested $5 donation
- (7p) PBS Need to Know: Crossing the Line Part 2 - Correspondent John Larson investigates stories of physical abuse, sexual assault and even torture. Meet at Equality Alliance at 2910 Gunn Street. Show airs at 8:30 PM.
21 Jul 2012 - Sat
22 Jul 2012 - Sun
23 Jul 2012 - Mon
24 Jul 2012 - Tue
25 Jul 2012 - Wed
26 Jul 2012 - Thu
27 Jul 2012 - Fri
28 Jul 2012 - Sat
- (10a) San Diego Label GMOs Rally & Strategy Meeting - at Jimbo's in Carlsbad. Please come join us as we work together to get mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods in California. Vote Yes, on Prop 37! We'll meet in the Cafe - email Sheri for more info: Mom@MomsforSafeFood.org.
- (11a - 12p) Occupy City Heights GA at the City Heights Performance Annex
- (12p) Following OCH GA will be a Committee Against Police Brutality CAPB Anaheim Solidarity Rally - Manuel Diaz and Joel Mathew Acevedo were murdered by Anaheim PD. Manuel was unarmed and shot in the back of the head. The Latino community in Anaheim is now under a brutal attack by Anaheim PD for daring to stand up and speak out! Stand with Anaheim's Latino community and their right to protest police terror in their community.
- (6:30p) Activist San Diego presents a film on the genetic engineering of food.The Future of Food at the Joyce Beers Center.
- (1p-4p) Occupy Encinitas - 1 PM rally at the corner of Encinitas Blvd. and Coast Highway 101 followed by general assembly at 2:30 PM at Cottonwood Creek Park, corner of Encinitas Blvd. and Vulcan Ave. (GA meets at Leucadia Pizzeria if raining) More info: Facebook or Website
- (2p) GA in Balboa Park - east of Nutmeg between Sixth Avenue and Balboa Drive by the restrooms.
- (12:30p) Labor Solidarity Committee meets at Freedom Plaza
- (2p) GA at Freedom Plaza
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Occupy Walk - 99 Mile March/Guitarmy and arrival in NYC
Shut Down San Onofre
Plaza de Panama project
- Website: http://www.occupywalkusa.org
- Facebook group page
- U-Stream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/occupywalkusa.
- Occupy Walker Chris McKay has gone to Seattle where he continues his full-time activism and U-Streams at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/p91fun.
- The Occupy Walkers USA have arrived in NYC after the 99 Mile March from Philadelphia
- Earlier, from the 99 mile march, video from Jason on Occupiers reclaiming open spaces: 99 mile march Occupy Guitarmy: Integrated Occupation
- Jason from Tuesday morning: Right now we are preparing to march from our home in New Brunswick. Graciously provided to us was the use of a backyard to encamp, showers, kitchen, and electricity for tech gear to recharge. Guitarmy culture is filled with late night jams, anarchy in all its varied forms, a general lack of respect for most social norms, black coffee, blisters, chants that border on melodic songs, and dirty sweaty bodies in the hot east coast summer. I've been in a lot of bands, this one is more like a swarming roving mob. Whoever thought to put all these guitarists in one place at the same time was....insane. I love it!
- Jason from Wednesday morning: Today Guitarmy marches to Zuccotti park. Based on the intimidation tactics used by NYPD last night, and continuing on this morning around our encampment, I believe this day will be chaotic and filled with alternate plans. The power elite do not want this movement to gain energy. They will try to stop it from building a new critical mass. Now is the time to stand up and show solidarity. Everyone knows someone in NYC. Let them know we are coming. Bring pots and pans, guitars and drums. Make some noise!
- The Occupy Walkers USA have arrived in NYC after the 99 Mile March from Philadelphia.
The proposed plan was passed at Monday's seven and a half hour marathon City Council meeting. The vote was 6-1, with Sherri Lightner the only no vote. SOHO has issued a statement of intent to file suit
Stand Down for homeless Veterans July 13-15 by VVSD A short video from KPBS
- starts at 16:22. It's being held at the baseball field just south of I5 just below the 163 overpass
. VVSD website
. There will be many resources and services provided by a large group of volunteers, from immediate needs like dental, medical, barbers, showers, and meals, also counseling, help with accessing medical services, getting VA benefits, 12-step meetings and lots more.
Web Warriors Occupying the Media - new limits on letters to the U/T editor
Things YOU can do right now to help.
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- Social Network Moderator Guidelines - OSD guidelines for moderating social network discussions
- OSD speaks at the Citizens Review Board of Police Practices on 1/24
Have you been mistreated by the Police? Have your First Amendment rights been violated? Have you been arrested for nothing, only to have the charges "unfiled" but held over your head for up to a year?
- First read this document: http://www.2momslaw.com/police_misconduct.pdf
- Make a Complaint: How to Make a Police Complaint
- Use this form: Complaint Form
- Forms also available in the lobby of City Hall.
- Citizen's Review Board member says we do NOT need names & badge numbers. File the complaint & it's up to SDPD to determine who the officer was (But it is better if we have them, of course).
- ALSO: By telephone or in writing to
- SDPD Internal Affairs Unit, 1401 Broadway, MS 709, San Diego CA 92101, (619) 531-2801
- Complaints made to the Citizens Review Board do not necessarily make it into the officers' personnel files
- Read this: Making Police Complaints That Stick
- Also, consider making a CLAIM against the city for your BOND money if charges were never filed. They have 45 days to reject the claim, then you file a lawsuit. It costs $400 to file unless you can claim low income.
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- TELL POLICE HOW THEY ARE DOING: Police host monthly meetings in the community to get feedback from community members.
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the Civic Center Plaza office building.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested 619-500-4486 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. What you say and do can hurt you in court -- This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer: "Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- FYI -- Penal Code 849.5. In any case in which a person is arrested and released and no accusatory pleading is filed charging him with an offense, any record of arrest of the person shall include a record of release. Thereafter, the arrest shall not be deemed an arrest, but a detention only.
- http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm -- Your rights when you are being arrested falsely.
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Chris West (Editor/Events)
- Jason Packman (Education Events)
- Ray Lutz (Mentor/Editor/Infrastructure)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.