Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
- Video of Raid and Arrests at Freedom Plaza. Three were arrested in this video. Andrew Fischer (AKA "Fish") was arrested at about 6am. One of them was choked and another was stomped on. http://youtu.be/Fu3oVBxMbFc
- At 12:05am on December 22 a team of San Diego Police Department Officers march into the plaza and make three arrests. Alan, Chris, and Daniel, all protesters at Occupy San Diego. Chris was choked and Daniel was stomped on by the police in the video.
- See more info here: Occupy San Diego Dec 22 Arrests, including a frame-by-frame analysis of out-of-control SDPD officers as they nearly rip Chris's head off. You have to see this to believe it.
- Arrests were apparently for no reason. People congregating on the steps. No warning or reason provided as to why they were arrested.
- The actions of the Police were ridiculous, unwarranted, unacceptable. No conversation by the police or requests for change of behavior. The people were arrested for NO REASON AT ALL.
- The following from a Facebook post. Please take action.
The San Diego police have received several calls this morning regarding the arrests last night. I asked the lady who I spoke to, to please ask the Police chief to in the least put a truce to this. Please keep placing calls. 619-531-2777. You will get a live person.
I was having an interesting conversation and it's worth the call. Please try to be insistent and persuasive without getting angry at the person who is answering the phone. I did get the sense that she is hearing all of us who called as she had repeated points from other callers. Point out to them how this video makes people understand that the PD can no longer be trusted. Make them understand that the police now come across as a "terrywrist"s against first amendment rights. Tell them what peaceful, non-violent people Chris and Alan are. Tell them that they are damaging not only the cities reputation but also lining themselves up for an expensive lawsuit they can't fiscally afford. Tell them that you no longer feel confident in telling your kids to trust the PD in an emergency, and that you now fear them too. Remind them that Occupy has standing been up for workers rights and benefits (including the PD) and remind them how these viral videos and news reports are being seen by citizens all over the country. Those same citizens are now making hard decisions about what kind of benefits and pay their police and fire departments get and how this press is pushing people to no longer support their employment packages. Heck 0 you should see the number of police layoffs there have been in NJ alone.
Polite, persistent and reasoned - stay the course and call folks!!!
- WITNESSES: Please take action. Anyone who views the video and is upset, take action:
- Here is the complaint for for the Citizens Review Board of the SDPD: http://www.sandiego.gov/citizensreviewboard/pdf/complaint.pdf
- Send complaint to: Executive Director, Citizens’ Review Board on Police Practices, 202 C Street, MS 9A, San Diego, California 92101.
- For more information, please call (619) 236-6296. Fax: (619) 236-7344
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec23 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
- 17 Jan 2012 - Million tent protest in Washington D.C. -- OSD to travel to OD.C. to be part of the 1 million tent protest. Group to Greyhound out, have great group discussions, enjoy the fun, bring a tent, a smile and warm stuff. Time to show the Government that we are not the enemy, the N.D.A.A. bill is unconstitutional and the people demand the change we need to improve all of society, not just the top 1%. The 99% are coming to D.C. and you can too. Facebook Event
- DONATE To help people travel from Occupy San Diego to Occupy D.C. -- Click Here
This money will be used to help people that could not really afford to do this but have gone above and beyond normal participation. There are many 24/7 occupiers that really want to go but can not come up with funds for this, at least until the 1st of the year which will be to late.
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- Temporary Restraining Order
- Read all details here: Background, Court Documents and Ruling
- Decision was reached on Dec 1. Judge DENIED TRO
- Judge said the law was "narrowly drawn" which is nothing but unbelievable.
- We STILL need video documentation of police hassling people about setting stuff down. If you have such a video, please contact us at email@example.com so I can get it to the right people.
This topic has been moved to the "Common" web with other similar projects.
Click here: Common.Voter Registration Arrest Of Ray Lutz
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the CivicCenterPlaza office building.
Things YOU can do right now to help.
Have you submitted a letter to the UT or another publication? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll publish it here! They may not print it, but we will.
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec23 in topic Occupy.AllOccupySanDiegoMedia
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested (619) 417-4813 email@example.com
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. *What you say and do can hurt you in court This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer:
"Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego CivicCenterPlaza
, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- * From December 17, Saturday GA will be at 2pm.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec23 in topic Occupy.OccupySanDiegoEvents
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County (Visit each site and "Like" it)
- Occupy Encinitas
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Ray Lutz
- Josephine P.
- Jason Packman
- Jay Jayakumar
- Benjamin Knob (GA reports)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.