Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
During the first week of our occupation... we didn't know how good we had it. Food table at the far side of the plaza, medical tent to the right of the picture, art in the middle of this picture. The tents shown here represent about 1/3 of the tents in the plaza. The encampment was sanitary and safe. Our sanitation committee picked up the trash twice a day. Fed hundreds of homeless by the food committee. Never forget it!
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
LAST MINUTE ANNOUNCEMENT;
- Media committee sponsored a teach-in on foswiki (free open source wiki) which is used by the CitizensOversight web site (this site).
- Will be archiving historical media. If you have any videos, etc. please consider sending them in and/or learning to catalog them yourself.
- Contact email@example.com if you want to be added to the team to help.
- More teach-ins will be scheduled in the future. Still need a good place to do this. Panera Bread is our best option for the downtown area. Need wifi and large enough for projector and screen would help.
- Will be starting a project to list all arrested persons, their court date, etc. and a police ids and mug shots database. Each incident (raid, for example) can include who was arrested and police involved. Will also include a database of complaints. The more organized we are the harder it will be for the police to abuse our rights.
- Demands Committee met and will be placing various documents from various sources that list demands on the project page.
- Terms will be defined: Demands, issues, goals, tactics, strategies, solutions so we can use these correctly. RayLutz will provide a paper on this.
- Each member of Demands Committee will summarize and present each demands document.
- Will collect demands for each issue and then proposed teach-ins and discussions on each one.
- Direct Action committee may find ideas for action related to each issue.
- From report at the GA, direct action committee discussed actions to highlight banking irregularities.
- Don't forget: we have a unified Calendar for Occupy San Diego! It can be found here: Occupy San Diego Calendar. Events are added to Occupy San Diego Events so they appear on the calendar and in this email blast.
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec28 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
- Occupy the New Year at Civic Center WORKING GROUP
- To plan New Years with Occupy San Diego Dec. 31st.
- Planning Meeting at Civic Center Plaza at 3-4 PM Wednesday 12/28
- Note: This meeting HAD been scheduled for the Activist Center previously
- Possible festivities include (depending on your participation):
- Bands and music at Civic Center
- "Ball Drop" at Civic Center; add Occupy symbolism
- Colorful March/parade thru the Gaslamp and/or other area of concentrated New Years celebrations.
- Critical Mass participation
- New Years Wish-List display...Example: I wish for... "my constitutional rights" or....
- Public announcements of "Wishes for the 2021 New Year"
- Other signage and artwork
- have other ideas? Please bring them.
- Bring your used Christmas Trees - the police may just impound them!
- Free food and drink? Let's have a Non-alcoholic celebration.
Despite what you might hear on the corporate-owned news:
- The occupation continues, around the clock.
- PLEASE COME DOWN when you can and help with numbers. This is your true vote. Stay at home = vote against 99%.
- Tents and almost everything is now being restricted by the police.
- Food is needed -- we no longer have a food table, so you'll have to play it by ear.
- We will not be denied our constitutional right to assemble and speak!
- Many Teach-ins on Sunday!
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- Temporary Restraining Order
- Read all details here: Background, Court Documents and Ruling
- Decision was reached on Dec 1. Judge DENIED TRO
- Judge said the law was "narrowly drawn" which is nothing but unbelievable.
- We STILL need video documentation of police hassling people about setting stuff down. If you have such a video, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get it to the right people.
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the CivicCenterPlaza office building.
Things YOU can do right now to help.
Have you submitted a letter to the UT or another publication? Send it to email@example.com
and we'll publish it here! They may not print it, but we will.
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec28 in topic Occupy.AllOccupySanDiegoMedia
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested (619) 417-4813 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. *What you say and do can hurt you in court This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer:
"Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego CivicCenterPlaza
, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- * From December 17, Saturday GA will be at 2pm.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec28 in topic Occupy.OccupySanDiegoEvents
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County (Visit each site and "Like" it)
- Occupy Encinitas
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Note: Occupy Mission Bay is defunct. No moderator at the site (Barry Willis is in the hospital) and so the site is filled with spam. Don't waste your time.
- Occupy Imperial County
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Ray Lutz
- Josephine P.
- Jason Packman
- Jay Jayakumar
- Benjamin Knob (GA reports)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.