Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below:
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
Occupy Update! -- NEW SHORTER FORMAT
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
There has been some talk about starting a new website, dissolving the media committee, etc. Please respect the work of the current committee members and help to continue this email blast as the foundation for organizing. This is a very advanced collaboration platform similar to wikipedia and wikileaks. It is very good at helping to organize information.
Events for Next Seven Days
- See Event list (below) and Occupy San Diego Calendar for all upcoming events. But mark your calendars now for these!
- Occupy SD New Years Eve Party at Freedom Plaza!
- OSD Contingent in D.C. on Jan 17. (Bus leaves Jan 13 and returns Jan 25.
- Concert fundraiser at WorldBeatCenter featuring LiquidBlue on Jan 20. You know how great the last fundraiser concert was... this will be even better.
- Unless noted, all events are at "Freedom Square" (the San Diego CivicCenterPlaza, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego, Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
29 Dec 2021 - Wed
- (7p) GA at ChildrensPark
- (4p) OB Farmers Market on Newport Avenue in Ocean Beach.
01 Jan 2022 - Sat
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec29 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
- (1p-4p) Occupy Encinitas - 1 PM rally at the corner of Encinitas Blvd. and Coast Highway 101 followed by general assembly at 2:30 PM at Cottonwood Creek Park, corner of Encinitas Blvd. and Vulcan Ave. (GA meets at Leucadia Pizzeria if raining) More info: Facebook or Website
- (2p) GA in Balboa Park - east of Nutmeg between Sixth Avenue and Balboa Drive by the restrooms.
- (12:30p) Labor Solidarity Committee meets at FreedomPlaza
- (2p) GA at FreedomPlaza
GA Meeting Report
GA NOTES – 12/27: (sorry folks, handwritten notes were real spotty tonight.) Look at email blast dated 12/28 for better info, please.
- Bank Action Committee to meet to set a new direct action Wednesday at 5:30
- Veterans meeting at 5:30 on Friday
- OccupYrCorner – Homes already Occupied meeting at 6PM on Wednesday at Filter Coffeehouse in Hillcrest. Also an Occup Yr Corner event at Balboa and Genesee in Clairemont from 12-3 New Year’s Day
- Finance/Media Committees: Thinking of hiring someone to “unify” the various Occupy San Diego web pages, preferably someone inside Occupy San Diego. (Comment by Ray -- Please just use this platform!)
- Reflection Committee: next Tuesday at 4 PM, to talk about reaching out to other areas, and how to hold our ground.
- Ray Lutz of media committee would like to catalog everyone who has been arrested, and catalog PD pictures with Badge and name of officers. We need a master list of everyone who has been arrested.
- Demands committee is trying to establish a list of demands for Occupy San Diego. Meets Tuesday, at 5:30.
- Facilitation Committee meets Saturday and Monday at 5:30
- Occupiers wanted for the Holiday Bowl, tomorrow the 28th. If you are driving try to pick up passengers around noon at Freedom Square so we can occupy the trolley station and parking lot.
- Arraignments despite being listed at 8 AM are usually at 10 AM, we need people there, when anyone is arraigned.
- A proposal passed that the medical or wellness committee be separated from the safety committee. This as they have two different functions, and the safety committee is not prepared to approve requests to finance from the medical side of the currently combined committees.
- Megan who is visiting us from Occupy Berkeley proposed having a New Year’s Eve event at Freedom Plaza and possibly going down to accompany the festivities in the Gaslamp Quarter, maybe a march, also to have a ball drop with food, music, and open mic/speakers at Freedom Square.
- Discussion of having a table at the Homeless Connect event on Jan. 11th in Golden Hall. Or having one outside in the Plaza. For possible future discussion.
- There was a proposal to have a “theme” each week based on a grievance, and possibly a teach-in right before any planned direct action. There were concerns that it would take a lot of time, and that people liked the idea but not sure how to pull it off. Michael Basillas set a time for an open working group Thursday and Sunday at 3 PM.
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- Temporary Restraining Order
- Read all details here: Background, Court Documents and Ruling
- Decision was reached on Dec 1. Judge DENIED TRO
- Judge said the law was "narrowly drawn" which is nothing but unbelievable.
- We STILL need video documentation of police hassling people about setting stuff down. If you have such a video, please contact us at email@example.com so I can get it to the right people.
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the CivicCenterPlaza office building.
Things YOU can do right now to help.
Warning: Can't find named section OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Dec29 in topic Occupy.AllOccupySanDiegoMedia
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested (619) 417-4813 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. *What you say and do can hurt you in court This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer:
"Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
- Occupy Together
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
Occupy San Diego & Imperial County (Visit each site and "Like" it)
- Occupy Encinitas
- Occupy Oceanside
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Note: Occupy Mission Bay is defunct. No moderator at the site (Barry Willis is in the hospital) and so the site is filled with spam. Don't waste your time.
- Occupy Imperial County
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
- Go to the web version of the email blast.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
- Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
- Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
- Click COMPARE.
- This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
- At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Ray Lutz
- Josephine P.
- Jason Packman
- Jay Jayakumar
- Benjamin Knob (GA reports)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.