Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below: |
%--'VARCACHE:save:This page was newly rebuilt at 21 Sep 2023 - 22:41 GMT. Rebuild the page anyway.
Click to open the web-version of the report.: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2012Mar30?cover=print
2012-03-30 -- HIGHLIGHTS:
30 Mar 2012 - Fri
Read more below...
Occupy Walk Schedule
Occupy Walk has adopted a more practical walking schedule based on walking an average of 15 miles per day, 5 days per week. The additional 2 days off dedicated to outreach activities.
FROM: Needles, CA
|| Est Time
|| Est. Arrival
| San Diego, CA
|| 18 Feb 2012
| 29 Palms
|| 19 Mar 2012 Janson Brock at 29 Palms
| Needles, CA
|| 20 Mar 2012
| Crossed into AZ
|| 22 Mar 2012
| Lake Havasu
|| 25 Mar 2012 Lake Havasu
| Oatman, AZ
|| 27 Mar 2012 Oatman Video
|| Oatman to Golden Valley
| Flagstaff, Arizona
|| 213 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| April 15, 2012
| Albuquerque, NM
|| 331 mi
|| 4.5 wks
|| May 16, 2012
| Amarillo, Texas
|| 314 mi
|| 4 weeks
|| June 13, 2012
| Wichita, Kansas
|| 346 mi
|| 5 weeks
|| July 18, 2012
| Kansas city, Mo.
|| 215 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| Aug 8, 2012
| Fairfield, Iowa
|| 237 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| Aug 29, 2012
| Chicago, Illinois
|| 260 mi
|| 3.5 wks
|| Sept 23, 2012
| Gary, Indiana
|| 28 mi
|| 2 days
|| Sept 25, 2012
| Toledo, Ohio
|| 204 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| Oct 16, 2012
| Akron, Ohio
|| 121 mi
|| 2 weeks
|| Oct 30, 2012
| Youngstown, Ohio
|| 46 mi
|| 3 days
|| Nov 3, 2012
| Allentown, PA
|| 317 mi
|| 4.5 wks
|| Dec 6, 2012
| Newark, NJ
|| 76 mi
|| 1 week
|| Dec 14, 2012
| Zuccotti Park, NY
|| 9 mi
|| 1 day
|| Dec 15, 2012
Stop SONGS (San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station = SONGS)
Legal Hearings, etc.
_Remember Chernobyl and Three Mile Island Rally at San Onofre -- 2012-04-29 Info/RSVP
- Jury returned a verdict of "guilty" for Brother Fish -- UNBELIEVABLE!
- Sentencing scheduled for May.
- Bobby Uribe's trial starts 4/19. Need witnesses to Bobby Uribe's arrest at port protest
- Benjamin Gasper's trial: New Trial date has been set for May 29th.
2012 Mar 30
- SM Council Backs Caps on Corporate 'Speech' In response to the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling, the Santa Monica City Council seeks legislative action to reverse corporations' right to unlimited campaign spending. But it's not against all of their constitutional rights.
- Irvine City Councilman calls for San Onofre to be decommissioned ASAP Tuesday night- March 27th – supporters of decommissioning San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station packed into the 250+ seat City of Irvine Council Chambers in Orange County. At least 50 people wore green clothing to mark their support for San Clemente Green, an environmental action group working since the Fukushima meltdown last March towards a San Onofre shut down.
- Chalk the Police - Richmond, VA Earlier this week, a mother was issued a $325 ticket, and a ban from all public parks, for her daughter using some chalk on rocks at Belle Isle in Richmond, VA. In response, activists organized a "Chalkupy the Police" protest at the Richmond Police Department
This report is generated from an extraction filter which may pick up irrelevant articles sometimes.
- General Assemblies no longer meet daily. See listing below for upcoming GA meeting dates. When GAs fall on a Saturday, meetings will be at Redwood Circle in Balboa Park afternoons (check Calendar for times).
- Finance Committee meets at 4:30 PM at Childrens Park on the same days that GAs meet. Also one hour before GA at Balboa Park every other Saturday.
- Weekly Saturday meetings will also be held at 2 PM at Freedom Plaza.
- GAs require 20 participants for a quorum.
- Committee/Working-Group members: Please update any changes or additions as desired to osd-feedback (at) citizensoversight (dot) org.
- Occupy San Diego maintains a website with a calendar, also committee and events forums, and more at http://sandiegooccupy.org/.
- See Event list (below) and Occupy San Diego Calendar 2 for all upcoming events.
. But mark your calendars now for these!
NEXT 7 DAYS
- (This list is automatically generated from the topic Occupy.Occupy San Diego Events). Scroll down the topic almost to the bottom or look at the Calendar for more events, not within the next 7 days.
30 Mar 2012 - Fri
31 Mar 2012 - Sat
01 Apr 2012 - Sun
- (11a) OSD Wellness Committee presents The Joke's on Us (the 99%) parade right across from the Farmer's Market, at the DMV in Hillcrest on the Cleveland Ave side. Come early to cash-mob the Farmer's Market! Download an appropriately themed promotional flyer here. Dress the fool and play the part!
- (2p) Women Occupy San Diego's Occupella Chorus will have their monthly reheasal. See the web page for sign up/contact details.
- (7p) The Peace Resource Center will sponsor Jeff Paterson, speaking of Bradley Manning's upcoming court martial, and about his new book, "About Face: Military Resisters Turn Against War". The doors open at 6:30 pm so that his talk can begin promptly at 7 pm. Free. Donations are appreciated. Light refreshments
02 Apr 2012 - Mon
03 Apr 2012 - Tue
04 Apr 2012 - Wed
- (8a-3:20p) Political Economy Days at Palomar College broadening students’ exposure to political, economic and historical topics. Occupiers Eva David and Benjamin Cossel will present the topic: "Occupy, the Changing Face of Activism" at 9:30. Other presentations will cover the wealth divide, the effects of corporate (self) interests, and more. Free. FB Event
- (2p) Occupy San Diego City College meets Wednesdays at Gorton Quad
05 Apr 2012 - Thu
- (8a-3:20p) Political Economy Days at Palomar College continues, broadening students’ exposure to political, economic and historical topics. Presentations will cover the wealth divide, the effects of corporate (self) interests, and more. Free. FB Event
- (12p, arrive 11:45a) Megan Burke of KPBS will interview David Jacob of Occupy San Diego, at KPBS studios near SDSU on what our accomplishments are, where we are going from here, etc. GA consensed on three individuals, including Hex and John Canter, from which David was chosen by straw poll. After the selection an ad hoc working group met to go over talking points and input for David to present to the interviewer and audience.
- (2p & 6p) Public Participation Meeting regarding SDG&E Charging rate-payers for wildfire costs instead of stockholders. At Al Bahr Auditorium 5440 Kearny Mesa Rd, San Diego, CA 92111
06 Apr 2012 - Fri
- (10a) -- Press Conference: In response to a visit by Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chairman Gregory Jaczko to the troubled San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS), leaders of local community groups are holding a press conference near the SONGS facility. The location of the press conference will be near the San Onofre State Beach guard shack on Beach Club Road. Supporters to "Shut Down San Onofre" are welcome (bring signs, banners, etc). MEDIA INVITED. The guard shack is about in the center of this map.
- (11a-2p) OSD endorsed Occupy MediCal march/event at the Chula Vista office to protest cutbacks including those to our brother Raul Carranza, who has muscular dystrophy and requires 24/7 nursing care, but was denied assistance by the state’s program director even though a judge ruled he was eligible . Speakers will include Raul and several guest speakers, including Bob Filner.
- 24 Apr 2012 - (9a) Sentencing for Fish...come out and be there for our brother Fish during his sentencing! He may be facing JAIL TIME for standing up for what is right and requesting a jury trial. Dept. 47 of San Diego Superior Court.
- 24 Apr 2012 - (4:30p) COME SUPPORT OUR HERO! March and Rally in support of accused whistleblower Pfc. Bradley Manning. Gather at 3rd Ave & Beech/Cedar St. bridge for bannering, then at 5:15, march to Horton Plaza for rally and speakers. Manning will appear in court April 24-26 at Ft. Meade, MD.
- 24 Apr 2012 - (5:30p) Help keep San Onofre shut down! Attend and speak out at Vista city council meeting at Vista City Hall. We are going city by city to get the council members on board with KEEPING San Onofre shut down. The cities of Solana Beach, Irvine, and Laguna are already on board with this.
- 29 Apr 2012 - OSD ENDORSED - "Three Mile Island! Chernobyl! Fukushima! San Onofre?" - Anti-Nuke Rally and Protest at San Onofre to commemorate the 26th anniversary of the continuing Chernobyl meltdown which started on 1986-04-26, the 33-year anniversary of the Three-Mile Island accident, and the continuing disaster at Fukushima (that experts say is perhaps 20x worse than Chernobyl.) Details -- FB Event Page -- BUS TICKETS ARE RUNNING OUT, PLEASE SIGN UP NOW!
- 01 May 2012 - MAY DAY SAN DIEGO - A Day Without the 99% - International Workers Day by Occupy Labor Solidarity - also check Occupy Labor Solidarity's event page or FB Event page. Some of the events will run concurrently.
- 01 May 2012 - (11a) City College Rally just east of Park Blvd. and A Street, then march to Civic Center Plaza.
- 01 May 2012 - (12p) Rally at Civic Center Plaza - speakers to include workers from various occupations (small 'o'), then a march will start at Civic Center, go through downtown and end at the proposed Wal-Mart site in Sherman Heights between 21st and 22nd on Imperial Ave sometime after 2 PM.
- 01 May 2012 - (2p-4p) Occupy San Diego Events at Civic Center Plaza. Also actions are planned in the financial district just a couple of blocks to the east at the various banks (B of A, Wells Fargo on B Street and at Citibank near Horton Plaza).
- 01 May 2012 - (3:30p-6p) SDEA Rally at Roosevelt Middle School and March to Board Meeting - NOT AN OLS EVENT, This event for SDEA runs concurrently with the other events listed here. SDEA: The event begins at 3:30 at Roosevelt Middle School. Work at a late-start school? If you can’t make it to Roosevelt before the march takes off at 4:15, join the march at the Education Center on Normal Street from 4:45 – 5:15 before it loops back to Roosevelt.
- 01 May 2012 - (4p-6p) OSD Labor Solidarity Rally at Civic Center and March to Chicano Park around 6 PM to join the event in progress at Chicano Park. There will be many speakers at Civic Center, representing organized and non-organized groups, including hotel workers, in-home care providers, representatives from student groups, LGBT activists on achieving equality in the workplace, and more.
- 01 May 2012 - (5:30p) Chicano Park Festival
- 01 May 2012 - (6p) March to and direct action at the Westin Hotel near Horton Plaza protesting management's lack of willingness to negotiate a new contract with the hotel workers there.
- 01 May 2012 - (7p) GA at Freedom Plaza
- Bobby Uribe's court date has been postponed until June11th.
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2012Mar30 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Things YOU can do right now to help.
OSD Chaplain Ron Dismuke
The 500 stood as One at THE HALL OF JUSTICE at 7pm. As at City Heights, it was an honor to speak. The SDPD officer on Broadway told me it was a "black" march and I said, "no I believe this is a family march and I am a part of the family." I felt the love too.
Here's the thing, this is from the chaplain's heart: We are going to share heaven together. My prayer is can we pull this off here. For me, how can I say I love God and I don't share that same love for the person standing next to me.
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- OSD speaks at the Citizens Review Board of Police Practices on 1/24
Have you been mistreated by the Police? Have your First Amendment rights been violated? Have you been arrested for nothing, only to have the charges "unfiled" but held over your head for up to a year?
- First read this document: http://www.2momslaw.com/police_misconduct.pdf
- Make a Complaint: How to Make a Police Complaint
- Use this form: Complaint Form
- Forms also available in the lobby of City Hall.
- Citizen's Review Board member says we do NOT need names & badge numbers. File the complaint & it's up to SDPD to determine who the officer was (But it is better if we have them, of course).
- ALSO: By telephone or in writing to
- SDPD Internal Affairs Unit, 1401 Broadway, MS 709, San Diego CA 92101, (619) 531-2801
- Complaints made to the Citizens Review Board do not necessarily make it into the officers' personnel files
- Read this: Making Police Compliants That Stick
- Also, consider making a CLAIM against the city for your BOND money if charges were never filed. They have 45 days to reject the claim, then you file a lawsuit. It costs $400 to file unless you can claim low income.
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- TELL POLICE HOW THEY ARE DOING: Police host monthly meetings in the community to get feedback from community members.
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the Civic Center Plaza office building.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested 619-500-4486 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. What you say and do can hurt you in court -- This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer: "Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- FYI -- Penal Code 849.5. In any case in which a person is arrested and released and no accusatory pleading is filed charging him with an offense, any record of arrest of the person shall include a record of release. Thereafter, the arrest shall not be deemed an arrest, but a detention only.
- http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm -- Your rights when you are being arrested falsely.
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: email@example.com
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Ray Lutz (Editor)
- Josephine P. (Media / Facebook)
- Chris West (Events)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.