Get this update in your email box on a daily basis. Subscribe below: |
%--'VARCACHE:save:This page was newly rebuilt at 07 Jun 2023 - 18:35 GMT. Rebuild the page anyway.
Click to open the web-version of the report.: http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2012May03?cover=print
2012-05-03 -- HIGHLIGHTS:
03 May 2012 - Thu
Read more below...
Our break time after walking 12 miles to start the day..Thanks to all who's helping to make this possible.
Cuddle Huddle - by Johnny Nguyen
"Senator Cash" and "the 1%" - by Johnny Nguyen
At the Westin - by Johhny Nguyen
"Occupy Our Arts", a permitted and family friendly event in Freedom Plaza...more details below
- Website: http://www.occupywalkusa.org
- Stream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/occupywalkusa
- Occupy Walk USA: (see photo) bottles and broken glass are scattered like they were the fallen fruit of the knarly tree that hangs over your walkers heads defying gravity with its wicked branches. they eat blueberries and oatmeal as grasshoppers jump randomly in the new mexico winds. what new discoveries await them is a story yet to be told. they are like the forming of the clouds.
8 hours ago via mobile - Jason Brock
Shut Down San Onofre
Legal Hearings, etc.
- Project landing web site: http://ShutDownSanOnofre.org
- 30-sec TV Spot Catch it on MSNBC. Thank you Friends of the Earth!
- On Wednesday, Southern California Edison (SEC) admitted that Unit 2 had the same unusual wear as Unit 3 (the one the blew a tube) meaning it will be very difficult to turn on Unit 3 before understanding the problem, as had been suggested as one option by NRC Secretary Gregory Jaczko at the press conference.
- Regarding the press conference -- 20/20 hindsight says our action would have been better not at the San Onofre plant, but in the street outside the Doubletree Hotel where Chairman Jaczko already had all the media, and people could easily see, park, etc.
- New Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/ShutSongs <-- Please like it!
- Cities of Irvine and Solana Beach voted to shut down San Onofre. This needs to be on the agenda of all local cities.
- Our brother Andrew Fisher (Fish) received a 90-day sentence and very onerous stipulations for his three year probation period upon release. If you have a professional relationship with Fish, i.e. medical professional, minster, etc., you can register to visit him even if he is allowed only two thirty minute social visits/week. WE NEED TO COORDINATE VISITS TO HIM through a FB "event" page, if you are not on FB, PLEASE CONTACT TRACEY at email@example.com so she can work it in! To email Fish and for more info go to the Sheriff's page for Fish. Once you have been scheduled to see him (via Tracey), you'll need to register here before the visit.
- Benjamin Gasper's trial: New Trial date has been set for May 29th.
- Zenyatta's (aka Parsley Zen Tart's) trial in dept 2 of San Diego Superior Court has been postponed until May 30th.
- Bobby Uribe's trial starts June 11th. Need witnesses to Bobby Uribe's arrest at port protest
2012 May 03
- San Diegans Join Global May Day – Occupy Protests Hundreds of San Diegans rallied and marched today – May Day – in solidarity with janitors and teachers here – and joining a global May Day and Occupy joint focus in demonstrations around the nation and world.
- May Day rallies converge on Civic Center A loose-knit coalition of labor groups, students and Occupy San Diego activists rallied for workers' rights Tuesday in downtown San Diego, and blocked B Street for a short time.
State energy officials say Southern California could be hit by rotating blackouts this summer if a heat wave hits while San Onofre's twin reactors remain dark, though some activists insist the plant should be shut down forever.
- May Day Rallies Held Downtown About 75 demonstrators marched from San Diego City College to Civic Center Plaza for May Day. On the way, they sat down on the pavement in front of Wells Fargo Bank, blocking traffic for a few minutes before they completed their walk. Another 75 or so people joined them on the Community Concourse, including a few who walked in carrying socialist banners.
- May Day at LAX Gathering workers onto buses in the pre-dawn hours, a coalition of unions from across Los Angeles made for L.A. International Airport Tuesday to engage in a nationwide general strike, calling for greater organizing rights and safer working conditions for the airport’s 4,000 non-unionized employees. About 1,200 members of United Service Workers West are expected to participate in today's demonstration and march, starting at noon at the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
- May Day protests Dozens of Occupy Wall Street activists spread out to protest at banks and other New York City businesses Tuesday to mark International Workers Day, or May Day. Protesters gathered at Bryant Park in Manhattan and prepared to march to financial institutions including Chase, Citibank and Bank of America. On the West Coast, authorities at Los Angeles International Airport had a busy day Tuesday
- Immortal Technique on May Day protests As the May Day protests continue, New York city is playing host to a wide array of community leaders, activists and artists who will be speaking out and performing for thousands of demonstrators gathering in lower Manhattan.
- May Day Legacy of Labor, Immigrant Rights Joined by New Generation of Occupy for Historic Protests Several major unions joined with immigrant rights activists and tens of thousands of Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York City for a massive rally that marched to Wall Street. "I’m here today to support the efforts of May Day in fighting as a coalition to protect working families, struggling families and individuals — quite frankly, known as the 99 percent — to make sure that our issues, our causes are not forgotten and that we are not demonized."
This report is generated from an extraction filter which may pick up irrelevant articles sometimes.
- There are two OSD groups. A larger group has General Assembly (GA) meetings at Childrens Park and every Saturday starting with May 12th at or near Redwood Circle in Balboa Park. (check Calendar for times). Another group meets weekly at 2 PM Saturdays at Civic Center Plaza.
- Finance Committee meets at 6 PM at Childrens Park on the same days that GAs meet there. Also one hour before GA at Balboa Park every Saturday..
- Committee/Working-Group members: Please update any changes or additions as desired to osd-feedback (at) citizensoversight (dot) org.
- Occupy San Diego maintains a website with a calendar, also committee and events forums, and more at http://sandiegooccupy.org/.
- See Event list (below) and Occupy San Diego Calendar for all upcoming events.
. But mark your calendars now for these!
NEXT 7 DAYS
- (This list is automatically generated from the topic Occupy.Occupy San Diego Events). Scroll down the topic almost to the bottom or look at the Calendar for more events, not within the next 7 days.
03 May 2012 - Thu
04 May 2012 - Fri
- (6p) San Diego IWW Committee presents "Why May Day?" at Freedom Plaza, a discussion on the Haymarket Affair on this day in 1886, which gave way in 1890 to the first annual May Day observance.
- (7p) GA at Childrens Park
05 May 2012 - Sat
07 May 2012 - Mon
- (6p-9p) Follow up meeting to "Revisiting and Actualizing Our Core Purpose" from May 5th at Canvas for a Cause, 3705 10th Ave. For more info see the FB Event page. The event is a potluck. You are invited to bring a dinner dish to share. (What you bring is what we eat!). Harvest document now available here.
- (6p-8p) Ocupemos el Barrio - Occupy the 'Hood meets Mondays at Sherman Heights Community Center
08 May 2012 - Tue
- (10a) San Diego City Council Meeting (includes Public Comment) at 202 "C" St (12th floor), San Diego, CA 92101
- (10a) San Diego City Council Meeting (includes Public Comment) at 202 "C" St (12th floor), San Diego, CA 92101
- (2p) San Diego City Council will consider a proposal to vote on redesignating Blaine Avenue near Hillcrest to Harvey Milk Street, in remembrance of former Goldwater Republican/Wall Street worker turned gay rights activist/San Francisco supervisor Harvey Milk.
- (7p-9p) San Diego Americans for Safe Access - May Chapter Meeting at the La Jolla Brewhouse.
09 May 2012 - Wed
- (12p) On the day of the annual shareholder's meeting in Charlotte, NC, OccupYrCorner will have a Solidarity Corner Occ against BofA downtown on B Street near 4th Avenue. Join us as we tell the average citizen about how "Bend Over America" is destroying the American landscape!
- (12:30p-1:30p) "Holding Banks Accountable" - A protest against City Council & B of A and other BIG-banksters. Let's demand that the city move OUR money out of B of A and into community banks or credit unions. Outside San Diego City Hall, 202 C Street. Hosted by moveon.org, not an OSD event. For details contact John Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (2p) Occupy San Diego City College meets Wednesdays at Gorton Quad
- 09 Jun 2012 - (10a -6p) Attention All Artists and Friends of the Arts: "Occupy Our Arts", hosted by Women Occupy San Diego with the help of co-sponsors will be a family friendly, PERMITTED event at Freedom Plaza, with music, dance, theater, chalk drawing, painting, street art, sculpture, photography, a children's garden of creative arts, and more. Visit WOSD's website, and click on the event's link for more info. This will be a major event for WOSD and OSD, over 150 "going" so far.
- 09 Jun 2012 - (3:30p) OSD Education Committee meets before the special 4 PM GA at Civic Center Plaza
- 10 Jun 2012 - (11a-2p) Really Really Free Market in City Heights - Bring useful items (that you no longer need or want) to share freely with other members of your community. Details
- 10 Jun 2012 - (12p-1p) OSD Free Education Collective Teach-in at the Really Really Free Market in City Heights: "The Anatomy of a Nuclear Accident" - This presentation will explain the range of possibilities and the results of a nuclear accident, considering in particular the ongoing events at the Fukushima Daiichi plant that began in March 2011. This teach-in will be lecture based, with breaks for questions.
- 10 Jun 2012 - (1p-3p) OSD Free Education Collective Teach-In at the Really Really Free Market in City Heights: "What is the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), and why should I care about a 'NAFTA' for the Pacific Rim?" - Two members of the OSD Free Education Collective will introduce and facilitate a discussion about the TPP, providing an explanation of the background of "free trade agreements" and some of the major points known about the secretive trade negotiations scheduled to continue in San Diego beginning July 2, 2012. This discussion will be presented in a roundtable/panel format, with a brief introduction by the co-facilitators and then time for open discussion and Q & A.
- 10 Jun 2012 - (9p) F.T.P. March in North Park - See FB Event page. Not as OSD event but endorsed by OSD-CP GA.
- 11 Jun 2012 - (8:30a) Bobby Uribe's jury trial at San Diego Superior Court: Per Adriane Bracciale, Bobby Uribe's attorney: "[8:30 is the] time for trial call. After we get sent out to a trial department, the prosecutor and I will argue motions in limine regarding what evidence is admitted and excluded, and then there's jury selection (when members of the public may not be able to fit in the courtroom with the jury panel). If this happens relatively quickly, opening statements will be some time in the afternoon session, which starts at 1:30 and is usually over by 4:30. I'll keep the group FB Event page updated." Bobby is being charged for the alleged "crime" of stepping out of a crosswalk at the Port Shutdown.
- 13 Jun 2012 - (1:30p) Bobby Uribe's jury trial continues at San Diego Superior Court, dept. 54, with jury selection in the morning. Opening statements unlikely before 1:30. Updates at FB Event page.
- 13 Jun 2012 - (6p) Encinitas City Council Meeting RE: San Onofre Our purpose is to educate them on the risks of nuclear power and ask for their help. We are asking the Encinitas City Council and Mayor to support it's constituents by calling for the permanent decommissioning of San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant. Public comments, 3 minutes each. Look at http://SanOnofreSafety.org for fact sheets. See you there.
- 14 Jun 2012 - (5p) De-Colonization Teach In by and at Canvass For A Cause, on the personal side of colonization, how it affects people of color on a personal day to day level. It will also teach how to be a better ally to the people of color community and struggle. FB Event page.
- 16 Jun 2012 - (9a) People 4 Social Sustainability (P.S.S.) At the City Heights Farmers Market (map) and interested volunteers will be distributing copies of Resource Based Economy Journal. Come join in with P.S.S. and help us get this important information out to the people. Resource Based Economy Journal is published by P.S.S. and talks about global sustainability and surpassing the monetary system to reach the type of society that will create abundance for all people.
- 16 Jun 2012 - (10a) "War on Women - Discussion" at the Serra Mesa/Kearny Mesa Branch Library - Details - Lunch afterwards close by.
- 16 Jun 2012 - (12:30p-2p) OSD Free Education Collective Teach-In at Balboa Park at or near Redwood Circle - A facilitated discussion about the NEWLY LEAKED TPP Investor rights chapter. Let's educate ourselves and each other! - How TPP puts the interests of multinational corporations above those of working people and national governments" - the OSD Free Education Collective will introduce and facilitate this about the TPP, focused on how the currently known provisions of the TPP negotiations would privilege foreign investors ahead of working people and national governments. Bring plain shirt, banner, cardboard to stencil on some art for free!!! FB Event page.
- 18 Jun 2012 - Benjamin Gasper's Jury Trial has been postponed until June 26th.
- 18 Jun 2012 - new time - (12p-3p) A working group has set up a meeting for organizing another highly participatory event in service to Occupy at Industrial Grind Coffee - much like the May 5th event, Occupy: Revisiting and Actualizing Our Core Purpose. To really make the planning flow, we'd really like to see people who can commit to a minimum of 8 hours of planning meetings. It is hard to make good decisions if there isn't significant continuity between meetings. Notes from the planning meetings will be posted both to the Facebook group and to the OSD website.
- 18 Jun 2012 - (5p-9p) NRC Public Hearing on San Onofre Nuclear Plant Safety at the San Juan Capistrano Community Center on their Augmented Inspection Team (AIT) findings. Event Details... Note: We should try to be there by 5 p.m.; meeting starts at 6 pm. At the last meeting like this, 150 energy company people signed up right away and our speakers didn't all get in because the comment time was used up. We need to get there early to sign up to speak as soon as we can and also to be outside with signs. Press Release
- 18 Jun 2012 - (6p) Del Mar City Council will have an agenda item on San Onofre at the Del Mar Communications Center. SoCal Edison will be there, those wanting San Onofre decommissioned have a chance to speak up on preventing a potentially deadly nuclear plant incident not far up the coast. (the worst case evacuation scenario involves evacuating 8,000,000 people within a 50 mile radius of the plant). FB Event page.
- 18 Jun 2012 - (new listing) (7p) Activist San Diego (ASD) will meet at Joyce Beers Center in Hillcrest and hold an annual vote for their Board of Directors. After the vote, there will be a program "Where is the Occupy movement going from here?" Please come and share your ideas, vision, and creativity!
- 20 Jun 2012 - (5:45p) The PRC & Nonviolent Peaceforce invite you to a film: The Interrupters by Steve James and Alex Kotlowitz. During just one weekend in 2008, 37 people were shot in Chicago, seven of them fatally. This film captures a period in Chicago when it became a national symbol for city violence and was besieged by high-profile incidents, most notably the brutal beating of Derrion Albert, a Chicago High School student, whose death was caught on videotape. At the Peace Resource Center.
- 23 Jun 2012 - (6p) Defend Cuba, with special guest: Andres Gomez at Canvass For A Cause. The Party for Socialism and Liberation is honored to host respected elder Andres Gomez, founder of the Antonio Maceo Brigade in defense of Cuba. - Details - FB Event
- 23 Jun 2012 - (7p-9:30p) Movie: Black Power Mixtape Location TBD in City Heights. The film examines the evolution of the Black Power Movement in the black community and Diaspora from 1967 to 1975. The film combines music, startling 16mm footage and contemporary audio interviews from leading African-American artists, activists, musicians and scholars. Check FB Event page for location and updates.
- 26 Jun 2012 - (9a-5p) (New date) Jury trial of Benjamin Gasper, a legitimate medical marijuana patient who is unjustly being prosecuted by San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis. Today jury selection should take all day; supporters should come tomorrow (June 27) to see the proceedings at Dept. 50 of the San Diego Superior Court. FB Event
- 26 Jun 2012 - (7p-9p)
- 27 Jun 2012 - (9a-5p) Jury trial of Benjamin Gasper continues. Jury selection likely will have been finished by today; supporters should come today to see the proceedings at Dept. 50 of the San Diego Superior Court. FB Event
- 27 Jun 2012 - (4p) Oceanside City Council Meeting RE: San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station - We are going to voice our dissent about San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station. Public comments, 3 minutes each. Please be there, you don't have to speak, your presence alone speaks volumes. (although if you want to then that's just awesome! We have a support system to help you if you need it) We are powerful because we are many, we will not let the nuclear industry risk everything we love for 12 % of our power supply. We don't need it, we have many other options available to us. Look at http://SanOnofreSafety.org for fact sheets. See you there.
- 27 Jun 2012 - (6:30p) TPP Planning Meeting at Canvass For A Cause. No GA tonight.
- 28 Jun 2012 - (9a) Attend the San Diego Planning Commission at San Diego City Hall, and Say No to re-zoning open space bordering Mission Trails Regional Park to industrial for a SDGE natural gas power plant siting. CPUC says So. Cal. has excess energy, even with SONGS permanent closure. Support local clean energy. Wear orange in solidarity with SaveMissionTrails.org. We're hoping for 100 people in orange! more details
http://copswiki.org/Occupy/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2012May03 <== click here to see the rest of the report.
To update your mailing list preferences, including unsubscribing, go to this address: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
Occupy Walk has adopted a more practical walking schedule based on walking an average of 15 miles per day, 5 days per week. The additional 2 days off dedicated to outreach activities.
FROM: Needles, CA
|| Est Time
|| Est. Arrival
| San Diego, CA
|| 18 Feb 2012
| 29 Palms
|| 19 Mar 2012
Janson Brock at 29 Palms
| Needles, CA
|| 20 Mar 2012
| Crossed into AZ
|| 22 Mar 2012
| Lake Havasu
|| 25 Mar 2012
| Oatman, AZ
|| 27 Mar 2012
|| Oatman to Golden Valley
| Kingman, AZ
|| 30 Mar 2012 - 01 Apr 2012
Video: Occupy Walk in Kingman, AZ
| Seligman, AZ
|| 09 Apr 2012
Photos to the tune of Kid Rock "Born Free"
| Flagstaff, AZ
|| 12 Apr 2012 - 15 Apr 2012
DJ, who joined the walk in L.A., playing in the snow
| Albuquerque, NM
|| 331 mi
|| 4.5 wks
|| May 16, 2012
| Amarillo, TX
|| 314 mi
|| 4 weeks
|| June 13, 2012
| Wichita, KS
|| 346 mi
|| 5 weeks
|| July 18, 2012
| Kansas city MO
|| 215 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| Aug 8, 2012
| Fairfield, IA
|| 237 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| Aug 29, 2012
| Chicago, IL
|| 260 mi
|| 3.5 wks
|| Sept 23, 2012
| Gary, IA
|| 28 mi
|| 2 days
|| Sept 25, 2012
| Toledo, OH
|| 204 mi
|| 3 weeks
|| Oct 16, 2012
| Akron, Ohio
|| 121 mi
|| 2 weeks
|| Oct 30, 2012
| Youngstown, OH
|| 46 mi
|| 3 days
|| Nov 3, 2012
| Allentown, PA
|| 317 mi
|| 4.5 wks
|| Dec 6, 2012
| Newark, NJ
|| 76 mi
|| 1 week
|| Dec 14, 2012
| Zuccotti Park, NY
|| 9 mi
|| 1 day
|| Dec 15, 2012
Things YOU can do right now to help.
RECENT GA MINUTES
from Monty Kroopkin
Occupy San Diego General Assembly notes for April 28, 2012, Freedom Plaza.
The Labor Solidarity Committee met from 12:30 - 1:30; GA Process Committee met from 1:45 - 2; and the Strategic Planning Meeting Committee met from 2 - 2:20. GA began at 2:20.
4/28 GA NOTES & ACTIONS for MAY DAY & International Worker's MAY DAY week: 5/1-5/6
The following issues were discussed & called to consensus:
I. OSD, Working w/, In Solidarity w/ Action San Diego MAY DAY 2pm Action: Protesting at & flyering on the banksters, and MOVING OUR MONEY! Where: at B St. & 5th Ave. - OR at citibank on Broadway Circle and 3rd Ave., just off of Broadway, in front of Horton Plaza. * 100% CONSENSUS * (In committee, GA announced)
II. OSD, Working w/, In Solidarity w/ Labor Solidarity Committee and the entire schedule of MAY DAY events, and will have a General Assembly at Civic Center Plaza at 7pm on 5/1 after various MAY DAY events. * 100% CONSENSUS *
-Ernie also pointed out that workers could begin bureaucratic procedures against any employers that used illegal actions, in retaliating against, punishing or firing workers for stand up for their rights on MAY DAY. The two agencies are the CA Dept. of Industrial relations, and the Dept. of Labor Standards.
AGENDA will include discussion, under Good Neighbor policy, on 1.) Reflections on MAY DAY 2012; 2.) WHAT IS THE ROAD FORWARD FOR OCCUPY MOVEMENT & OSD; and 3.) Who are "WE- the 99%", and how to adhere to OSD Good Neighbor Policy, the OWS 8, and not ostracizing contributors.
-Ernie will be moderator- If not John or Monty
III. OSD on Friday 5/4, from 6-8:30pm, Working w/, In Solidarity w/ IWW 5/4 History of MAY DAY on the History of Mayday/ Commemoration of Hay Market Tragedy, 6:00pm- 8:30pm, Freedom Plaza (nee SD Civic Center) - 6:00pm Discussion/ Brief Teach-in on MAY DAY - Brief History of May Day & the Hay Market Tragedy - Review of the "Day without the 99%" and the global General Strike - Review/ Discussion on actions, ideas and events going forward - 7:30ish Refreshments/ Pizza & candlelight at twilight. * 100% CONSENSUS * (In committee, GA announced)
IV. OSD, Working w/, In Solidarity w/ 5/6 Action, flyering on Juan Vargas who still doesn't support either single payer health care in CA, or the Kamala Harris legislation on a moratorium on foreclosures and other reform/ relief effort for homeowners of distressed properties. * 100% CONSENSUS * (In committee, GA announced)
V. OSD, Working w/, In Solidarity w/ 5/5 350.org Human Wave action in Mission Bay Park, 10:30 - 12:30 * 100% CONSENSUS * (In committee, GA announced)
VI. Move OSD's 5/5 GA to 6pm at Peace Resource Center, or 7pm at Civic Center. * 100% CONSENSUS *
-Ernie will be moderator- If not John or Monty
More discussion on Open letter SHORT
1.) Proactively state WHO we are - Good Neighbor Policy, & STRATEGIC ACTIONS! a.) less than 50% about PAST problems
2.) Include an invite to reunify
3.) Good Neighbor Policy, welcoming, inclusive Outreach to ASD & to progressives, Unions, etc.
See All Occupy San Diego Announcements
to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
- Social Network Moderator Guidelines - OSD guidelines for moderating social network discussions
- OSD speaks at the Citizens Review Board of Police Practices on 1/24
Have you been mistreated by the Police? Have your First Amendment rights been violated? Have you been arrested for nothing, only to have the charges "unfiled" but held over your head for up to a year?
- First read this document: http://www.2momslaw.com/police_misconduct.pdf
- Make a Complaint: How to Make a Police Complaint
- Use this form: Complaint Form
- Forms also available in the lobby of City Hall.
- Citizen's Review Board member says we do NOT need names & badge numbers. File the complaint & it's up to SDPD to determine who the officer was (But it is better if we have them, of course).
- ALSO: By telephone or in writing to
- SDPD Internal Affairs Unit, 1401 Broadway, MS 709, San Diego CA 92101, (619) 531-2801
- Complaints made to the Citizens Review Board do not necessarily make it into the officers' personnel files
- Read this: Making Police Compliants That Stick
- Also, consider making a CLAIM against the city for your BOND money if charges were never filed. They have 45 days to reject the claim, then you file a lawsuit. It costs $400 to file unless you can claim low income.
Lutz suing Civic Center Plaza building owners and operators Project Details
- TELL POLICE HOW THEY ARE DOING: Police host monthly meetings in the community to get feedback from community members.
- More on this project... Including collected media, documents, photos, videos, etc.
- This is a VERY IMPORTANT project because we will directly engage wall street firms who own and operate the Civic Center Plaza office building.
- The National Lawyers Guild resources to protesters who have been arrested 619-500-4486 email@example.com
- 1st Circuit Rules Public Has Right to Videotape Police
- What to say to cops if you're busted. What you say and do can hurt you in court -- This is what I advise my clients to say when confronted by a law enforcement officer: "Officer, please understand I refuse to talk with you until I consult with my attorney. I also refuse to consent to any search of these premises or any other premises under my control, or in which I have a possessory, proprietary, or privacy interest, including my car, my body, or effects. I hereby demand to immediately be allowed the reasonable opportunity to obtain the advice of my attorney by telephone. from: http://layon.net/busted.php
- To check if someone is in jail check this website: http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx
- It usually takes about 6 hours for someone who has been arrested to pop up here. This site will tell you their charges, bail, etc. Jail's number is (619) 615-2700. The jail won't tell you much if anything that is not on the website. Please check this website before saying someone is in or out of jail to avoid confusion.
- FYI -- Penal Code 849.5. In any case in which a person is arrested and released and no accusatory pleading is filed charging him with an offense, any record of arrest of the person shall include a record of release. Thereafter, the arrest shall not be deemed an arrest, but a detention only.
- http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm -- Your rights when you are being arrested falsely.
LINKS AND REFERENCES
Links to sites/pages below that are no longer actively updated:
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
NOTICE TO MEDIA / DISCLAIMER |
Occupy San Diego is comprised of many people
with diverse opinions. This email does not provide
the official position of Occupy San Diego, but is
compiled for the use of supporters and occupiers
by a number of volunteers.
News Media that may subscribe to this email blast
should confirm all information from other sources.
THANK YOU FOR BEING INVOLVED.
Edited by Email Blast Team:
- Chris West (Editor/Events)
- Josephine P. (Media / Facebook)
- Ray Lutz (Mentor/Editor/Infrastructure)
- Occupy San Diego project page in "Common" web: Occupy San Diego
- New Occupy Project (new web): Occupy Web -- we will be migrating to this new web.